Friday, August 7, 2015

MY TOP 6: BEST BRONZERS & HIGHLIGHTERS

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal

If you read my blog on regular basis, you probably know that when it comes to make up, bronzer & highlighter are the two products I can't live without. In fact, I would say that they are basically the starting point of any look I create regardless of whether I am going for a simple day-time make-up or full on dramatic night-time one. As I was chatting about a few of my favorite bronzers & highlighters with Ninel recently ( my best friend, partner in crime and fellow make-up addict ), we realized that most of our all-time favorites are unsurprisingly the same. Unsurprisingly because... well, let's face it, not all bronzers & highlighters are created equal. The good ones can help you achieve that beautiful glowing skin, and the not-so great ones go on unevenly or look entirely to sparkly:) And so, Ninel and I decided to collaborate on a post featuring our top 6 favorite bronzers & highlighters.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light, best highlighter


BRONZERS:

I love to contour with the NARS Laguna bronzer because it’s completely matte and gives me that shadow-like effect I’m looking for when contouring. I like placing it in the hollow of my cheeks, right below the cheekbone, to make my cheekbone appear higher. I also dust a bit on my forehead around the hairline and the jaw line. Most of the days though, I like my skin looking natural and bronzy as opposed to contoured so I go for bronzers with a bit of shimmer in them. Tarte’s Park Ave Princess bronzer works well for me. It has just enough shimmer to give my skin a bronzy glow yet it doesn’t have those heavy sparkles and overbearing shine. I also found that the bronzer Ulta makes is a great alternative. Again, it provides the glow without the heavy sparkles.

NARS Laguna bronzer, best matte bronzer

Tarte’s Park Ave Princess, best everyday bronzer, ulta bronzer

HIGHLIGHTERS:

As far as highlighters go, I have a few favorites. The one I use on a daily basis is the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light. It’s such a beautiful and subtle highlight. The powder is so extremely fine, it blends into my skin and gives me the most natural looking highlight. It has no specs of gold or any heavy shimmer so it’s perfect for every day looks. I dust it on my cheekbones, and a little on the center of the forehead and chin.


The NYX Liquid Illuminator brings the sparkle when I need it. If I feel the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder is not enough on a certain day, I apply the NYX Liquid Illuminator underneath it (on the cheekbones only, it’s a little much for the forehead and chin). That way, I get the beautiful glow and a little sparkle. Another favorite highlighter of mine is the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal (pressed). I definitely reach for this one when I’m looking for an intense highlight with a wet-like effect on the skin. The formulation on this one is amazing; it’s a powder yet it’s a little creamy, and it applies beautifully. I like to apply it on the cheekbones and the cupid’s bow. It also works really well as a brow bone and inner corner of the eyes highlight so it’s definitely a multi tasker.

NYX Liquid Illuminator

best bronzers and highlighters, vivaluxury make up, annabelle flour make up

P.S. I am working on a step-by-step instructional post to show you my go-to bronzed & highlighted skin make up look. It's coming up in the next 2 weeks, so stay tuned:) Meanwhile, if you have any questions about products or application, please feel free to email me any time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment